The First International Conference on Eucharistic Adoration will be held in Rome (Italy) from June 20 to June 23, 2011, with the intention of promoting the desire of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church to see Perpetual Adoration spread to Parishes and Dioceses around the world.
The faithful must seek to receive and to venerate the Most Holy Sacrament with piety and devotion, eager to welcome the Lord Jesus with faith (Pope Benedict XVI May 11, 2007)
Holy Mass is in itself the Church’s greatest act of adoration: “No one eats of this flesh”, as St Augustine writes, “without having first adored it”. Adoration outside Holy Mass prolongs and intensifies what has taken place in the liturgical celebration and makes a true and profound reception of Christ possible.
I would like to take the opportunity to warmly recommend, to Pastors and to all the faithful, the practice of Eucharistic adoration. I express my appreciation to the Institutes of Consecrated Life as well as to the associations and confraternities that are especially dedicated to this practice; they offer to everyone a reminder of Christ’s centrality in our personal and ecclesial life.
In life today, often noisy and dispersive, it is more important than ever to recover the capacity for inner silence and recollection. Eucharistic adoration permits this not only centred on the “I” but more so in the company of that “You” full of love who is Jesus Christ, “the God who is near to us”. (Pope Benedict XVI Angelus 06.10.2007)
* Cardinal Francis ARINZE, Emeritus Prefect of the Congregation of Divine Worship
* Cardinal Raymond BURKE, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, Vatican City
* Cardinal Antonio CAÑIZARES LLOVERA, Prefect for the Congregation of Divine Worship
* Cardinal Malcolm RANJITH, Archbishop of Colombo, Sri Lanka, former Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship
* Cardinal Mauro PIACENZA, President of the Congregation for the Clergy, Vatican City
* Cardinal Peter TURKSON, President of the Pontifical Council Justice and Peace, Vatican City
* Bishop Giovanni D’ERCOLE, Auxiliary Bishop of L’Aquila, Italy
* Bishop D. José Ignacio MUNILLA – Bishop of San Sebastian, Spain
* Bishop Dominique REY, Bishop of the Diocese of Frejus-Toulon, France
* Bishop Athanasius SCHNEIDER, Auxiliary Bishop of Karaganda, Kazakhstan
* Fr Nicolas BUTTET, Founder of the Eucharistein Community, St-Maurice, Switzerland
* Fr Mark Daniel KIRBY, Prior of the Diocesan Benedictine Monastery of Our Lady of the Cenacle in Tulsa, Oklahoma
* Fr Florian RACINE , Founder of the Missionaries of the Most Holy Eucharist, Sanary, France
* Mother Adela GALINDO, Foundress of the Servants of the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary, USA
* Sr. Joseph, Missionaries of Charity, Calcutta, India